The wellbeing and safety of your dog is very important to us.
Please read the grooming contract on booking in your dog to ensure you are happy with us grooming your dog.
1) You agree the Dog is fit and healthy. Grooming of sick and elderly dogs is entirely at the owners risk. Grooming may expose underlying skin and health problems that we cannot be held liable for.
2) The Dog is vaccinated and up to date. An unvaccinated Dog puts itself and others at risk.
3) It must be clearly understood and agreed that whilst every care and attention is given to your Dog(s) they are accepted at the owners risk entirely. Rupert’s is not liable in connection with any injury or health conditions whilst in the premises. Rupert’s is not liable for any future injuries or health conditions whilst off the premises.
4) Our first concern is the welfare of the dog so in the event of injury or illness a Vet may be called. Unless it can be clearly shown that Rupert’s of Silkstone and its staff are liable, all costs in connection with and in the carrying out of this instruction shall be at the owner’s expense. We strongly recommend Dog insurance.
5) Payment will be made on collection of the Dog. Prices quoted are only estimates based on an average Dog of the breed or type but owners must remember that some dogs will require extra work and this will be charged on an half hourly basis of a minimum of £15 per half hour. The groomer on initial consultation cannot always predict this extra work. Owners must collect dogs at the time stated. Uncollected dogs will be charged a sitting of £10 per half hour block.
6) Shaving of Dogs will dramatically change their appearance and their hair will be very short and close to the skin. This may expose pre-existing medical conditions. By agreeing to this contract you give us permission to shave off a matted coat.
7) We reserve the right to refuse a dog that presents a risk of injury to itself or staff. Under no circumstances do we accept sedated dogs.
8) If you cancel appointments with less than 24h notice you will be changed half the grooming price on top of your next booking and your booking fee will not be transferable or refundable.
9) Please check your dog for fleas before visiting. If we find fleas on your dog you will incur a charge of £30, as the salon will need to be extensively cleaned to avoid cross contamination.
- Complete shaving of dogs will only be carried out if the dog is extensively matted. This will dramatically change their appearance and the hair will be very short and close to the skin. This may expose pre-existing skin complaints. Our normal grooming charge does not include De-Matting. There will be an additional charge per half-hour extra grooming time required to de-matt your dog(s). Please note we groom humanely and if we feel your dog(s) are in pain, they will be shaved off.
- Please be honest and DO NOT bring your dog(s) in if you know they have flea’s. PLEASE treat your dog PRIOR to the appointment with a product like Frontline 48 hours prior to your appointment, allowing it time to absorb into the skin before bathing. If your dog(s) is found to have flea’s then a charge of £20 will be applied on top of the grooming price as we will need to clean thoroughly and flea bomb the grooming room to avoid cross-contamination.
- We operate an honesty policy. This simply means we ask you to be honest with us about your dog(s) behavior at previous grooming establishments (for new clients). By telling us, we are better prepared in dealing with your dog(s). In return we will always be honest about your dog(s) behavior whilst in our care.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, please inform us AT LEAST 24 HOURS before your appointment time so we have the chance to offer the appointment to someone else. If you inform us under 24 hours you will lose your booking fee. Time is reserved to groom your dog(s) so if you fail to inform us you are no longer able to make your appointment then you may incur a cancellation fee payable before further appointments can be booked. The fee will be half the grooming price. We operate a 2 strike and out policy, so if you miss 2 appointments you will no longer be able to book with us. We hope you understand as a missed appointment could be enjoyed by another owner and their dog who may have been waiting some time to get a slot with us. Thank you.
- If you cancel or wish to move your appointment this can be done at no extra charge if we are informed with at least 24 hours notice.
- We run a precise grooming schedule so please inform us if you are running late as this might affect other clients appointment times. YOUR appointment time is for you and your dog and if you arrive too late then your appointment may have to be re-booked and you will incur a cancellation fee. The fee will be half the grooming price so please be on time.
- Payment will be made on collection of your dog. Estimates are based on an average dog of the breed or type, but owners must remember that some dogs will require extensive extra work and this will be charged for, on a half hourly basis and owner must collect their dog(s) at the time stated.
- Dogs know when their groom is complete and they are eager to get home. We may charge a holding fee for late pick-ups as we need the space for other appointments – unless the studio has been notified that the owner will be late.
Conditions Under Which Dogs Are Accepted For Grooming.
A Groomers hands are their livelihood which means aggressive dogs may be charged extra. If your dog(s) are too aggressive and present a risk of injury to itself or staff then we reserve the right to refuse to groom them.
By having your dog groomed with us, you are accepting the our terms, so please read them all carefully when booking your dog in.